The Ultimate Easter Brunch Checklist
Take the stress out of hosting an Easter brunch.
Ready or not, Easter is on its way. And if you’re hosting a big brunch, stay on track with our ultimate planning checklist. We’ll show you how to prep for the big day—starting three weeks in advance and going all the way up to your guests’ arrivals. Whether you’re a first-time host or an Easter pro, we guarantee that these tips and tricks will make your brunch stress-free.
3 Weeks Before
- Send invitations
- Take inventory of tables, chairs, plates, cups, napkins and utensils. Make plans to fill in any gaps—such as borrowing folding chairs from a friend, picking up extra plates at a thrift store or purchasing disposable cups.
2 Weeks Before
- Plan your menu and make a grocery list. We’ve compiled 100 of our easiest Easter brunch recipes just for you!
- Design, cut and fold buffet markers. These will help guests navigate your buffet spread. Make sure to note any potential allergens on the cards. Find Easter recipes that everyone can eat here.
1 Week Before
- Clean the house (These brilliant cleaning tips are grandma-approved.)
- Review grocery list; purchase nonperishable food ingredients
- Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d
- Do a test run of your buffet setup to ensure everything will fit
3 Days Before
- Purchase remaining food ingredients
- Wash serving dishes
- Press any linens you plan to use
1 Day Before
- Spot-clean the house
- Set out party decorations (We love these festive Easter table decorations!)
- Make as many dishes ahead of time as you can. Muffins, mini quiches, fruit salads and desserts are all good options. (These are our favorite make-ahead Easter brunch recipes.)
- Measure or chop ingredients for any dishes you can’t make ahead
- Place beverages in the fridge to chill
- Set serving dishes/platters on the buffet
- Set out plates, cups, napkins and utensils
- Prepare final recipes
- Add finishing touches or garnishes to any foods you prepped in advance
1 Hour Before
- Hold warm food in a 200-degree oven
30 Minutes Before
- Set out food with corresponding markers on the buffet table
Just Before Guests Arrive
- Relax and get ready for some memorable Easter fun! (Having an Easter egg hunt? Try these genius ideas.)