If you’re a coffee lover, the idea of using precious coffee beans in a body scrub might shock you, but give this DIY product a shot—you’ll be glad you did! (And when you’re finished you can treat yourself to one of these copycat coffee shop drinks.)
Coffee Benefits for Skin
The sand-like texture of coffee grounds makes a great exfoliant in homemade scrubs. The grounds work to gently remove dead skin cells, which helps to rejuvenate and boost circulation. (Hello, youthful, glowing, silky-smooth skin!) Exfoliants can also plump and tighten, helping to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Want more homemade beauty solutions? Follow Taste of Home on Instagram (@tasteofhome) and stay tuned for more updates from the Beauty Pantry.
DIY Coffee Scrub for Face & Body
Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee (Fresh are best, but dry used grounds will work, too)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tip: Choose fine grounds, as the coarse kind can be too harsh for sensitive or delicate skin.
- Mix together 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut oil into the coffee mixture and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently rub the mixture over your body—avoid areas around the eyes. Leave it on for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly. (Be careful if using the scrub in the shower, as the oil can make the floor a bit slippery.)
No time to DIY? This coconut and coffee body scrub from St. Ives ($10) uses similar ingredients which makes it a great alternative if you can’t spare a few minutes (or coffee beans!).
More DIY Beauty Tips & Recipes
Note: Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.