While you may not get everything done in this short amount of time, do this regularly and you’ll banish clutter and stay organized.
1. Check your nightstand(s) and toss or recycle anything you don’t need, such as old receipts, used tissues and empty water bottles.
2. Gather all dirty clothes and put them in the hamper or down the laundry chute.
3. Hang up any clean clothes or fold them and put them away in drawers.
4. Make your bed.
5. Organize books and magazines. Put read books away and recycle any old magazines.
6. Take used drinking glasses, plates, bowls and utensils to the kitchen.
7. Organize shoes. Keep pairs together neatly in your closet or on a shoe rack.
8. Toss old linens and clothing you no longer wear. If it’s in good shape, consider donating it to a resale or thrift store.
9. Tidy up jewelry. Return pieces to a jewelry box or cabinet for safe keeping.
10. Check under the bed. Is there anything that can be tossed or donated?
11. Give all accessories, such as bags, belts and scarves, a designated place. Hang them in the closet or keep them on a shelf.
12. Dust all surfaces. Be sure to get around electronics, cords and on lamps and shades. If you have time, you can also dust blinds and ceiling fan blades.
13. Vacuum or sweep, even under the bed and behind dressers and tables, if possible. Mop if needed.
Going forward, don’t let dishes, garbage and laundry get the better of you. Deal with them every day and cleaning your room might only take 15 minutes!