A Year in Pictures
- Pull together the family and talk about the moments, memories and activities that meant the most to you over the past year. Write them down so you don’t forget.
- Go through your photos and pick one “focal point” picture for each month of the year. Once those are selected, pick a few supporting photos that help complete the story.
- For each memory you pick to immortalize, have a family member jot down how he or she felt at the time or how it feels to look back. Handwrite on white card stock or print out in a favorite decorative font.
- Before adhering anything to paper, make a mock layout first to make sure it all fits. Do this as a family or have each family member design a page.
- When decorating holiday pages, consider using bits of wrapping paper, gift tags, flat ornaments, ribbon and creative paper cutouts available at most craft and paper stores.
Must-Have Scrapbooking Supplies
- Scrapbook album
- Solid paper and card stock
- Patterned paper and decorative card stock
- Adhesives like glue dots, invisible vellum tape and glue sticks
- Fade-resistant and water-proof pens in assorted colors
- Scissors and paper trimmers
- Embellishments like tags, stickers, paper cutouts and foil accents
- Plastic page protectors
Share your favorite holiday traditions with us on Instagram and Twitter by using #HolidayHeritage for a chance to be featured across TasteofHome.com.