If you’re anything like me, there are few things more relaxing after a long work week than kicking my feet up, turning on a movie and indulging in a fun and fruity beverage. Hello, at-home vacation. As much as I love a Mai Tai or Pina Colada, sometimes I like to switch it up a bit. That’s when I pull out my secret cocktail ingredient: banana rum.
Banana rum is a light rum that benefits from the sweet tropical flavor of banana. I prefer Kenny Chesney’s brand, Blue Chair Bay, for my liquor cabinet because it also contains toasted coconut and spices for a well-rounded flavor that’ll send your taste buds right to the beach.
My go-to cocktail for banana rum is an easy punch that uses ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen. Keep reading to see what goes in it.
Psst! Here are some seriously good cocktails you’ll want to serve at your next party.
How to Make Banana Rum Punch
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup banana rum (we like Blue Chair Bay’s)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon-lime soda
Yield: 1 serving
Step 1: Fill Shaker
First, fill your shaker about three-fourths full of ice cubes. Then pour in your banana rum, fruit juices and grenadine.
Test Kitchen Tip: You can turn this cocktail into a mocktail by substituting the banana rum for banana juice.
Step 2: Shake
Place the cover on your shaker (don’t forget the strainer!) and shake the cocktail until condensation forms, about 15 seconds. Strain the cocktail into a glass of your choosing and top with soda.
Serving Ideas for Banana Rum Drinks
Take your cocktail to the next level with some simple upgrades.
- Feel like you’re truly on the beach with some tropical garnishes. Skewer a slice of pineapple, orange and a maraschino cherry with a mini parasol and place against the glass’ rim.
- If you prefer a blended drink, add your ingredients to a blender along with about half a cup of ice. Blend on high until smooth, then serve in the glass of your choice.
- Add some Polynesian flair by serving your cocktail in one of these Tiki-inspired glasses.
Note: Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.