Take It Outside: Bonus Party Tips
Take advantage of nice weather and plan your next party outdoors.
- Clean your deck or patio and make sure the lawn is mowed.
- Create shady areas by setting up umbrellas or pitching open-walled tents.
- Serve easy, make-ahead foods that won’t keep you in the kitchen while your guests are outdoors. Or grill outside.
- Have a “make-your-own” kabob, burger or taco buffet to keep your work to a minimum.
- Be prepared. Stock up on insect repellent, sunblock and extra coats or sweaters in case it gets chilly.
- Make sure there are enough seating and standing areas for dinner and after-dinner conversation.
- If you’ll be partying late, light up the night with string lights or Chinese lanterns hanging from the trees. Tiki torches provide great mood lighting and repel pesky mosquitoes.
- Keep it fun with games like croquet or lawn bowling (bocce ball). Don’t forget games for the kids, such as sack races or a water balloon toss.
- Crank the tunes! Hire a musician for an hour or two, or use a CD player. Remember to include a variety of music.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC