Pasta and Rice
Have just a handful of either left to use in the box? Try these ideas!
- Cook it up for a side dish with most any kind of chili.
- Add cooked rice into soups and stews for a hearty meal.
- A bit of cooked pasta or rice can create a quick casserole when combined with your favorite meat, veggies and seasonings.
- Rice is ideal for serving with stir-fries or other Asian-themed meals.
- Toss pasta with olive oil, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese for an easy meal.
- Dried pasta is great for a craft project. Get some glue and paper, and see what your kids can create!
More pasta recipes >
More rice recipes >
We all know it's great with fries, burgers and hot dogs, but try it with the following:
- Add some into your canned baked beans before microwaving or while they're warm on the stove.
- Stir it into your meatball sauce.
- Spread it on top of your next meat loaf.
- Turn it into salad dressing with Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, oil and vinegar.
- Create your own barbecue sauce with ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and pepper.
Look past peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and try these new uses for jellies:
- Create an afternoon snack by spreading some on a graham cracker.
- Sweeten oatmeal by adding your favorite flavor of jelly.
- Spread strawberry jelly onto pound cake or angel food cake for a sweet treat. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sweeten glazes with a bit of grape jelly.
- Use apricot and apple jellies as a sauce for pork dishes. Try serving a bit on the side for dipping.
More jam, jelly & preserve recipes >
It's great with so much more than just tortilla chips!
- Stir it into rice, black beans and cheese for a tasty dish.
- Pour over cream cheese and top with shredded cheese for a nice dip with crackers.
- Try it as a lively condiment for burgers or grilled chicken.
- Use up the last few tablespoons by stirring it into a pot of chili.
- Serve it alongside scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast.
More salsa recipes >