Need ideas to put those last little bits in the pantry or fridge to good use? We have ideas and recipes for using up the leftovers.
Pasta and Rice
Have just a handful of either left to use in the box? Try these ideas!
- Cook it up for a side dish with most any kind of chili.
- Add cooked rice into soups and stews for a hearty meal.
- A bit of cooked pasta or rice can create a quick casserole when combined with your favorite meat, veggies and seasonings.
- Rice is ideal for serving with stir-fries or other Asian-themed meals.
- Toss pasta with olive oil, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese for an easy meal.
- Dried pasta is great for a craft project. Get some glue and paper, and see what your kids can create!
More pasta recipes >
More rice recipes >
- Add some into your canned baked beans before microwaving or while they're warm on the stove.
- Stir it into your meatball sauce.
- Spread it on top of your next meat loaf.
- Turn it into salad dressing with Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, oil and vinegar.
- Create your own barbecue sauce with ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and pepper.
Look past peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and try these new uses for jellies:
- Create an afternoon snack by spreading some on a graham cracker.
- Sweeten oatmeal by adding your favorite flavor of jelly.
- Spread strawberry jelly onto pound cake or angel food cake for a sweet treat. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sweeten glazes with a bit of grape jelly.
- Use apricot and apple jellies as a sauce for pork dishes. Try serving a bit on the side for dipping.
It's great with so much more than just tortilla chips!
- Stir it into rice, black beans and cheese for a tasty dish.
- Pour over cream cheese and top with shredded cheese for a nice dip with crackers.
- Try it as a lively condiment for burgers or grilled chicken.
- Use up the last few tablespoons by stirring it into a pot of chili.
- Serve it alongside scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast.
More salsa recipes >