Fun for Halloween
From p. 12 of the September/October 2007 Issue
of Simple & Delicious
A slew of simple spooky decorations can set a spirited mood at your Halloween party. In addition to pumpkins and balloons, try these tricks:
- With a black marker, draw ghostly eyes and mouths on old white sheets. Drape over the bristle ends of brooms and prop up against walls.
- Cut bat shapes from black construction paper and suspend them from the ceiling with black thread and tape.
- For an eerie glow, replace some of your regular lightbulbs with green or orange bulbs, which can be found at hardware and party supply stores.
- Greet guests with spooky sounds from a purchased compact disc.
- Pick up a bag of spider webbing from a party supply store. Place it in corners throughout the house and attach black plastic spiders. Also scatter spiders on tables, mantels and counters.