The July/August 2007 issue of Simple & Delicious features the recipe for Maple Balsamic Dressing along with three easy dishes that use this homemade dressing. Below are even more ways for you to enjoy it.
You'll also find a selection of other recipes that feature balsamic vinegar that are wonderful options for summer dining.
Additional ideas for Maple Balsamic Dressing:
- Use it as a marinade for grilled chicken breasts.
- Toss it with sliced fresh veggies before placing them in a grill rack for a scrumptious side dish.
- Toss it with meat or seafood and vegetables and thread onto skewers. While grilling, baste the skewers with the remaining dressing for tasty kabobs.
- Drizzle it over your favorite combination of veggies near the end of cooking for a flavorful stir-fry.
- Add a punch of flavor to grilled salmon by basting with the dressing.
- Create an elegant dessert by basting fresh peach halves and pineapple slices with it before grilling. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Balsamic Vinegar Recipes
Sliced plum tomatoes and red onion are tossed with a homemade vinaigrette to create this summery salad from Ann Sobotka of Glendale, Arizona. Fresh basil adds the flavorful finishing touch to Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
"Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette is a colorful fruit platter that always looks beautiful on our dinner table," says Mari Day of Suamico, Wisconsin. "The light dressing is a nice complement to the fun assortment of fruits—it really lets their natural goodness come through."
"I never get tired of finding new ways to cook with herbs!" says Elsie Barton of Hoover, Alabama. A rosemary marinade sweetened with honey gives Honey Rosemary Chicken wonderful flavor and a pretty golden sheen.
Pecan-Pear Green Salad adds a special touch to any meal. The recipe comes to us from Katie Nicklas of Ridgway, Pennsylvania. The juicy pear slices, toasted pecans and mixed greens are coated in tangy vinaigrette dressing that's a pleasant complement to a sweet and crunchy combination.