Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Veggies
Buttery Parmesan Garlic Bread
Wholesome, fast-fixing Italian food is a favorite with Talena Keeler, her husband, Dustin, and son Sage, 6, in Siloam Springs, AR. So when they found a meal they all especially enjoyed at a local Italian restaurant, Talena decided to try duplicating it at home. The fabulous menu she shares here was the result…and an absolute hit with everybody!
"My family actually prefers it to the restaurant's dinner," says Talena of her creamy and colorful, all-in-one Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Veggies. "And it's such an easy dish to serve when we have company drop by unexpectedly."
Talena loves the fact that it goes together in just minutes with a handful of convenience items almost always found in her pantry. She likes to round out her yummy entree with a crusty loaf of golden-brown Buttery Parmesan Garlic Bread.
And for a summery finishing touch, try her lovely, layered Berries & Cream Desserts. "I use ready-made pound cake from my bakery to speed things up," she says, "but you can make your own if you have more time." Our taste-testers loved her marshmallow and cream cheese topping…and so will your family and friends. This menu is a must-try!
Here's The Plan:
- Start water boiling and turn on oven
- Make cream cheese mixture for desserts and butter mixture for bread
- Prepare the garlic bread and bake
- Finish layering desserts and chill
- Cook the pasta and vegetables together
- I especially like to use frozen California-blend veggies when making the alfredo.
- If you prefer to use fresh garden vegetables, start them in boiling water before adding the pasta. Add the pasta during the last 3 minutes of cook time.
- Top the festive red-white-and-blue desserts with tiny flags for an easy Fourth of July or Labor Day presentation!