- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-2/3 to 2-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the milk, sugar, butter, orange peel and salt. Beat in the zucchini, raisins, whole wheat flour, cardamom and enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down; shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Zucchini Yeast Bread(2)
Sort By :
This bread is delicious. The blending of the white & wheat flours, the orange rind and the cardamom are improved upon even more by the toaster!!
This tastes more like a wonderfully moist cinnamon raisin bread than zucchini bread, but it's delicious. Everyone who tasted it wanted the recipe.