Zucchini-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 16)
- 2 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, seasoning, orange peel and red pepper flakes; set aside 1 tablespoon for basting. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop. Secure by threading where the zucchini ends overlap onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque, brushing once with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Zucchini-Wrapped Scallops
Sort By :
easy, and very tasty.
So EASY and impressive. Made for a patio party and everyone wanted the recipe. Even the men!!!! I also for color used different color squashes & Carrots.
Try this recipe for Jerk Seasoning and you'll never need to buy the mix again.
2 tb Onion powder
1 tb Sugar
1 tb Morton salt
1 tb Ground thyme
1 1/2 ts Ground allspice
3/4 ts Ground cinnamon
3/4 ts Ground red pepper
Stir together all ingredients. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Rub seasoning on meats or poultry before grilling or roasting. Recipe by: BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS MAGAZINE -- SEPTEMBER 1996 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #677 by email@example.com (Ethel R Snyder) on Jul 17, 1997
I can not find Caribbean Jerk Seasoning what can i use instead? Claire