Zucchini-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 16)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, seasoning, orange peel and red pepper flakes; set aside 1 tablespoon for basting. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop. Secure by threading where the zucchini ends overlap onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque, brushing once with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 194 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Zucchini-Wrapped Scallops
"easy, and very tasty."
"So EASY and impressive. Made for a patio party and everyone wanted the recipe. Even the men!!!! I also for color used different color squashes & Carrots."
"Try this recipe for Jerk Seasoning and you'll never need to buy the mix again."
"INGREDIENTS2 tb Onion powder1 tb Sugar1 tb Morton salt1 tb Ground thyme1 1/2 ts Ground allspice3/4 ts Ground cinnamon3/4 ts Ground red pepperINSTRUCTIONSStir together all ingredients. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Rub seasoning on meats or poultry before grilling or roasting. Recipe by: BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS MAGAZINE -- SEPTEMBER 1996 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #677 by email@example.com (Ethel R Snyder) on Jul 17, 1997"
"I can not find Caribbean Jerk Seasoning what can i use instead? Claire"
"This is absolutely excellent! One of our favorite summer seafood grilling recipes."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.