Carole Hildebrand from Kelseyville, California tops zucchini slices with chunky homemade salsa to make this scrumptious side dish. "I fix it often in the summer when I have the fresh vegetables on hand," she notes.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Divide zucchini between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over zucchini. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini with Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p10
Reviews forZucchini with Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"Salsa for this was wonderful. Only made 1/2 recipe. Leftovers weren't quite as good as it was when fresh."