Zucchini Walnut Cake Recipe
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the zucchini, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into zucchini mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Walnut Cake
Sort By :
I don't rate a recipe that often! This was rate worthy! Absolutely loved it and will make again and again!! Thank You!
I added a little bit of cocoa to the recipe and the cake was great! My kids love it. :)
First time I ever heard of it ad made it .Very easy to make the taste was delicious.
i have made this recipe since 1997 when i lived in Montana.....which always has an abundance of zucchini!! the only thing i have added is freshly grated nutmeg.....about 5 grates and its good! living in NYC now and this flies off the table at work!!! it is in my top 10 list! in the summer i buy my zucchini and shred it in 2 cup servings in freezer bags for the wintertime.....Amazing Recipe!!!!
I made this cake and it was delicious, I put a small amount of dark chocolate in and coated the pan with pecan crumbs before I put the batter in the pan. This cake would freeze well if you have extra zucchini.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >