- 3 large baking potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Reduce heat to 350°. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Scoop out the potato pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl and mash. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and remaining butter; mash. Stir in zucchini mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Twice-Baked Potatoes
Sort By :
What a wonderful flavorful recipe. My girls even loved it, and they are not zucchini fans. Great way to hide the veggies. The addition of the zucchini keeps the potatoes moist.
I was surprised at how tasty these potatoes were. I didn't use as mush onion and zucchini as the recipe called for-it seemed like it would be too much. I used about 3/4 of a medium zucchini and less than half of an onion. My husband doesn't even like zucchini and he said these were very tasty. They're pretty to serve as well.