- 3 large baking potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Reduce heat to 350°. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Scoop out the potato pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl and mash. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and remaining butter; mash. Stir in zucchini mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Twice-Baked Potatoes
Sort By :
"What a wonderful flavorful recipe. My girls even loved it, and they are not zucchini fans. Great way to hide the veggies. The addition of the zucchini keeps the potatoes moist."
"I was surprised at how tasty these potatoes were. I didn't use as mush onion and zucchini as the recipe called for-it seemed like it would be too much. I used about 3/4 of a medium zucchini and less than half of an onion. My husband doesn't even like zucchini and he said these were very tasty. They're pretty to serve as well."