Zucchini Tomato Toss
"A co-worker shared this flavorful medley of tomatoes and zucchini with me many years ago," recalls Jan Clark of Salt Lake City, Utah. "It's a wonderful way to use up garden produce in the summer when it's plentiful."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onions. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over zucchini mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 8 servings.