"A co-worker shared this flavorful medley of tomatoes and zucchini with me many years ago," recalls Jan Clark of Salt Lake City, Utah. "It's a wonderful way to use up garden produce in the summer when it's plentiful."
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over zucchini mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Toss in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p37
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2011
"This is very good boiled for 10 minutes also. I like it both ways. My sister told me about this."