There's garden-fresh flavor in every spoonful of this easy-to-make soup. I like it for a low-calorie lunch, along with a roll and fruit for dessert. It serves just two, so you don't end up with leftovers. -Nancy Johnson, Laverne, Oklahoma
Recommended: 13x9 Casserole Recipes
- 2 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- Dash each pepper and dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt. Add the V8 juice, tomato, pepper and basil; cook until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Soup in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p41
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2014
"This is great for a cold day. Not too spicy but just enough to warm you up. Our family loves it!"