Zucchini Tomato Side Dish Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 to 3 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Gently stir in the V8 juice, tomato, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Side Dish
"I thought this was edible, but not great. The addition of the cheese may have been the problem for me. That being said, none was wasted or thrown away, just not my favorite."
"This is a very easy and delicicous recipe. Great to use up some of those accumulating zucchini and tomatoes. My husband loved it."
"simple and delicious.....thanks for sharing your recipe..."