Zucchini-Tomato Saute Recipe
For a fast and flavorful side dish that goes great with a variety of main dishes, give this recipe a try. It's a cinch to stir together using just one skillet. Ground cumin and picante sauce add a nice zip.—JoseAnn Engle, Spanish Fork, Utah
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add cumin, oregano and salt. Stir in picante sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomato; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 164 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC