Zucchini Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Using a slotted spoon, transfer salsa to a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/2 cup: 40 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Salsa
"Wow! So fresh and yummy! I would change the name to Sweetly Mild Garden Fresh Salsa."
"This is such a great recipe! A refreshing and delicious blend of tastes. Will make it again for sure!"
"Loved it! Can't wait to make it again."
"Wow, I can see why you won the contest! Good Job! This is something I would expect in my home state- CA; you must be Enlightened! (I'm serious- no derogatories intended to anyone). Everything's there: sweet, sour, salty, bitter: you did a great job of minimizing salt, but still have a hint of it; same with sweet. The extra "sour" compensates for keeping this health- friendly, and the heat from the small amount of chile compensates for the extra "sour." The cumin is just enough to give this a hint of "smokiness." This ROCKS (in the words of the Newest Generation)!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.