Zucchini Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Using a slotted spoon, transfer salsa to a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/2 cup (calculated without chips) equals 40 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.