Wondering what to do with all her garden zucchini, Jennifer Magrey of Sterling, Connecticut came up with this versatile and colorful salsa: “I also serve it on crackers, burgers, chips, baked potatoes or over cream cheese as a spread!”
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Using a slotted spoon, transfer salsa to a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Salsa in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review