Zucchini Tomato Salad
Fresh-tasting tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper and onion are seasoned with garlic and parsley in this quick side dish that's served warm. "This recipe is great for the family that gardens because of the vegetables it uses," notes Kathy Fielder of Dallas, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small plum tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, zucchini, onion and
- garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the
- tomatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until
- heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.