Zucchini Tomato Green Salad
Roswell, New Mexico’s Alpha Wilson dices tomato and zucchini, then splashes them with a fresh, flavorful dressing and serves it over salad greens for a party-pretty side dish that goes together in minutes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup seeded diced tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ready-to-serve salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, 1/4 cup tomato, mayonnaise,
- chives, mustard, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Serve
- on salad greens; sprinkle with remaining tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.