Zucchini Tomato Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium zucchini, diced (about 6 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender; drain well. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in the zucchini and remaining butter. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Casserole
"Very tasty The tomato made a nice change to the flavor and color of the zucchini casserole. I sautéed the zucchini with olive oil and pepper and did not add any butter (or oil) to the mixture before baking. I also just cubed the bread instead of using soft crumbs. Will definitely make this recipe again."
"Didn't have Velveeta so I doubled the shredded cheddar. Also, used Panko bread crumbs. They were nice and soft after the dish cooked. Delicious!"
"We have been making this recipe since it was first published. It is my go-to potluck dish when we are bringing a side dish. I always get lots of recipe requests."
"I used swiss cheese instead of cheddar and home canned tomatoes instead of fresh. It turned out very good and I will make again"