Zucchini Tomato Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium zucchini, diced (about 6 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender; drain well. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in the zucchini and remaining butter. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Casserole
"Very tasty The tomato made a nice change to the flavor and color of the zucchini casserole. I sautéed the zucchini with olive oil and pepper and did not add any butter (or oil) to the mixture before baking. I also just cubed the bread instead of using soft crumbs. Will definitely make this recipe again."
"Didn't have Velveeta so I doubled the shredded cheddar. Also, used Panko bread crumbs. They were nice and soft after the dish cooked. Delicious!"
"I made this recipe for a special dinner I hosted for widows in our congregation. Everybody loved it! This recipe is excellent and easy to make. (thumbs up) :^)"
"We have been making this recipe since it was first published. It is my go-to potluck dish when we are bringing a side dish. I always get lots of recipe requests."
"I used swiss cheese instead of cheddar and home canned tomatoes instead of fresh. It turned out very good and I will make again"