"Even people who don't like zucchini can't seem to get enough of this full-flavored side dish," says Cathy Johnston of Ranchester, Wyoming. "I always bring it to family gatherings and potlucks because it goes well with any entree."
- 6 medium zucchini, diced (about 6 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender; drain well. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in the zucchini and remaining butter. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p33
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review