Zucchini Tomato Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium zucchini, diced (about 6 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender; drain well. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in the zucchini and remaining butter. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Casserole(5)
Sort By :
Very easy to prepare & tasty too. I strayed a little from the recipe's ingredients, omitting the egg & adding vegetable bouillon to the mix. Combination of veggies colourful & very pleasing to the palate. Will most definitely make again!
Didn't have Velveeta so I doubled the shredded cheddar. Also, used Panko bread crumbs. They were nice and soft after the dish cooked. Delicious!
I made this recipe for a special dinner I hosted for widows in our congregation. Everybody loved it! This recipe is excellent and easy to make. (thumbs up) :^)
We have been making this recipe since it was first published. It is my go-to potluck dish when we are bringing a side dish. I always get lots of recipe requests.
I used swiss cheese instead of cheddar and home canned tomatoes instead of fresh. It turned out very good and I will make again