Zucchini Tomato Bake
This flavorful side from Tina Repak of Johnstown, Pennsylvania makes the most of those bountiful tomatoes and zucchinis. Melted Swiss cheese and sour cream lend a touch of decadence to this healthy and appealing dish.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded and patted dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 cup Swiss
- cheese, sour cream and seasonings; mix well.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium,