This flavorful side from Tina Repak of Johnstown, Pennsylvania makes the most of those bountiful tomatoes and zucchinis. Melted Swiss cheese and sour cream lend a touch of decadence to this healthy and appealing dish.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded and patted dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, sour cream and seasonings; mix well.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Bake in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p63
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review