Zucchini Tomato Bake Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded and patted dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, sour cream and seasonings; mix well.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Bake(5)
Sort By :
I love this recipe and I do add ground beef. Today I'm going to use ground lamb, I'm sure it will be good.
For anyone with a home garden, it's a great summer treat.
I have a recipe similar to this. I add some browned hamburger. I used two fresh tomatoes from the garden and add about a 1/2 cup of your favorite chunky salsa, and of course mushrooms.
I would serve this as a side dish instead of a main dish. It's a bit on the bland side and not very filling.
Excellent! Even for non-vegetable lovers! Would add some more salt or seasoning though.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >