Zucchini Supreme Recipe
Zucchini recipes are popular this time of year. I'm always on the lookout for new ones. This dish has a very pleasant flavor and nice combination of color and texture.
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, bring water to a boil. Add the zucchini, carrot, onion and salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic powder and pepper. Fold in vegetable mixture. Combine croutons and butter; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining croutons.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC