Zucchini Supreme Recipe
Zucchini recipes are popular this time of year. I'm always on the lookout for new ones. This dish has a very pleasant flavor and nice combination of color and texture.
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, bring water to a boil. Add the zucchini, carrot, onion and salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic powder and pepper. Fold in vegetable mixture. Combine croutons and butter; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining croutons.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Supreme in Country August/September 2000, p49
Reviews for Zucchini Supreme(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2010
This was very good. Next time I will add more zucchini for a better sauce to veggie ratio. I used light sour cream and omitted the butter and it was still delicious.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2010
Really good! Easy to make! Even the leftovers taste GREAT! It's a keeper! :)