Zucchini Supper Recipe
NOTHING SAYS “home sweet home” after days of being on the road like the aroma of your favorite comfort food as you come through the door. And for Mandy Anderson's hard-driving husband, Chris, that food is the hearty and delicious meat-cheese-and-stuffing casserole she calls “Zucchini Supper.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and stir. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 572 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 2064mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Supper
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC