Zucchini Supper Recipe
NOTHING SAYS “home sweet home” after days of being on the road like the aroma of your favorite comfort food as you come through the door. And for Mandy Anderson's hard-driving husband, Chris, that food is the hearty and delicious meat-cheese-and-stuffing casserole she calls “Zucchini Supper.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and stir. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 572 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 2,064 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC