Zucchini Stuffing Recipe
I've been serving this dish for years and always receive compliments on it. If you don't have day-old bread in your pantry, simply slice fresh bread and bake it at 300° for 10 minutes. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups day-old cubed bread
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and poultry seasoning. In a small bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bread cubes, zucchini, cheese and onion mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC