Much of my cooking is a combination of ideas, pictures and recipes. I love onions, and my theory is...if it's got onions in it, it's got to be good. I put two recipe ideas together to come up with this scrumptious, attractive dish.Marguerite Shaeffer, Sewell, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Peel onions and cut a 1/4-in. slice from the top and bottom. Wrap
- onions in foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly. Carefully remove center of onion, leaving a 1/2-in.
- shell; chop removed onion.
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2 minutes. Add the
- chopped onion, garlic and basil; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from
- the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and
- Stuff into onion shells. Place in a small greased baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.