Much of my cooking is a combination of ideas, pictures and recipes. I love onions, and my theory is...if it's got onions in it, it's got to be good. I put two recipe ideas together to come up with this scrumptious, attractive dish.—Marguerite Shaeffer, Sewell, New Jersey
Recommended: Top 10 Zucchini Recipes
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Peel onions and cut a 1/4-in. slice from the top and bottom. Wrap onions in foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Carefully remove center of onion, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; chop removed onion.
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2 minutes. Add the chopped onion, garlic and basil; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stuff into onion shells. Place in a small greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini-Stuffed Onions in Reminisce December/January 2007, p50
Reviews for Zucchini-Stuffed Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review