Zucchini-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add zucchini and red pepper; saute for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket; stuff with vegetable mixture.
- 3. In the same skillet, brown chicken skin side down in remaining oil. Turn chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 387 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini-Stuffed Chicken
"This recipie was awesome! I took the advice of another reviewer and used boneless skinless chicken that was thin sliced by the butcher to make little roll ups. PHENOMENOL! Also, since this recipe didnt call for any spices on the chicken, i drizzeled olive oil and spices on it once in the oven. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this recipe!"
"To cut back on the fat I used skinless boneless chicken breasts. I flattened them out and put the zucchini mixture in the middle and rolled them up and then baked them. They were very good."