We entertain a lot and I always like to do something different. All our friends like this spread.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place zucchini in cheesecloth or a strainer; squeeze out excess
- moisture. In a bowl, combine zucchini with remaining ingredients;
- mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve
- with crackers or raw vegetables. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 125 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.