I've received numerous 4-H cooking awards over the past few years and often cook for the family...much to my mom's delight.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 12 ounces Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices; brown in a Dutch oven. Add celery
- and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Stir in the next nine
- ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add green pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,340 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.