Dad drove a logging truck through the beautiful forests and farmlands of northern Idaho's panhandle. Some days I would join him, and Mom would send along this moist bread for us to snack on.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside. In another large bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in sugar, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and nuts (batter will be stiff).
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Zucchini Snack Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Zucchini Snack Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review