In Hickory, North Carolina, Nadeen Shrewsberry wouldn't think of squandering squash. "A friend gave me the recipe for this best-of-the-season slaw," she offers. "If you like the light taste of zucchini in a simple salad, you're sure to ask for a second helping of this one."
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Slaw in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p5
Reviews for Zucchini Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review