- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (8 inches long and 1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, toss scallops with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop, overlapping edges slightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add six scallops; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes on each side or until scallops are golden brown and zucchini is tender. Repeat with remaining oil and scallops. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p29
Reviews for Zucchini Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review