Here's a healthier alternative to wrapped scallops with bacon. They look elegant and fresh, but they're also simple to make. They can be served warm, or made ahead and served at room temperature.
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (8 inches long and 1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, toss scallops with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop, overlapping edges slightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add six scallops; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes on each side or until scallops are golden brown and zucchini is tender. Repeat with remaining oil and scallops. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p29
Reviews forZucchini Scallops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review