Here's a healthier alternative to scallops wrapped with bacon. They look elegant and fresh, but they're also simple to make on the stove or grill. Serve warm or make ahead and serve at room temperature. —Elizabeth Truesdell, Petaluma, California
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (8 inches long and 1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, toss scallops with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop, overlapping edges slightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add six scallops; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes on each side or until scallops are golden brown and zucchini is tender. Repeat with remaining oil and scallops. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p29
Reviews for Zucchini Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review