Zucchini Saute Recipe
Says Colleen Harvel of Big Bear City, California: : “My sister gave me this speedy, side dish recipe. It’s a great way to use that end-of-summer zucchini we always seem to have an abundance of…and it tastes wonderful!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil
- 2. until tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic powder and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 135 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC