Says Colleen Harvel of Big Bear City, California: : “My sister gave me this speedy, side dish recipe. It’s a great way to use that end-of-summer zucchini we always seem to have an abundance of…and it tastes wonderful!”
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil
- until tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic powder and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Saute in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p43
Reviews for Zucchini Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2009
"I made this and it was very affordable and tasty. I added more garlic because I love it! Great recipe :)"