Says Colleen Harvel of Big Bear City, California: : “My sister gave me this speedy, side dish recipe. It’s a great way to use that end-of-summer zucchini we always seem to have an abundance of…and it tastes wonderful!”
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil
- until tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic powder and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Saute in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p43
Reviews for Zucchini Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2009
"I made this and it was very affordable and tasty. I added more garlic because I love it! Great recipe :)"