- 5 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slice (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in butter. Stir in the sausage, parsley and seasonings. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and sausage mixture.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams and perforations. Brush with mustard. Spoon sausage mixture over crust. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zucchini Sausage Squares
Sort By :
"This recipe is very good. I can't wait to share it with others."
"I put the crescent rolls in a 10 inch pie plate and made a zucchini sausage pie. Cooked for 30-40 minutes and let stand for 5 before serving. Awesome!!"