Zucchini Sausage Soup
“Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on cool day,” says Janelle Moore of Federal Way, Washington. “This recipe is simple to make and leaves you feeling satisfied.” Plus, it makes enough so you can enjoy leftovers later in the week!
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- pasta is tender.
- Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.