Zucchini Sausage Soup Recipe
“Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on cool day,” says Janelle Moore of Federal Way, Washington. “This recipe is simple to make and leaves you feeling satisfied.” Plus, it makes enough so you can enjoy leftovers later in the week!
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC