“Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on cool day,” says Janelle Moore of Federal Way, Washington. “This recipe is simple to make and leaves you feeling satisfied.” Plus, it makes enough so you can enjoy leftovers later in the week!
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Zucchini Sausage Soup in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Zucchini Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review