"My husband and I enjoy the hearty flavor combinations in this meal," relates Karen Martis form Merrillville, Indiana. She often makes it with orzo and uses a can of zucchini in tomato sauce to speed preparation even further.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add zucchini; saute 2 minutes longer. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, picante sauce, onions, garlic, sugar and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Sausage Pasta in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p54
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zucchini Sausage Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review