Zucchini Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, basil, oregano and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another large skillet, cook the zucchini in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 2. Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the zucchini, half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce. Layer with remaining noodles, zucchini and ricotta mixture. Top with 2 cups meat sauce.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining meat sauce or save for another use. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 330 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.