- zucchini in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, ricotta
- cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the zucchini, half of the
- ricotta mixture, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce.
- Layer with remaining noodles, zucchini and ricotta mixture. Top with
- 2 cups meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before
- cutting. Serve with remaining meat sauce or save for another use.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 330 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.